My '88 Ford Bronco II's transmission

Does anyone happen to have any idea why my transmission is slipping? The car is an automatic. Every time that you put the car in drive the gear slips. This means that I have to start manually shifting through the gears. Would it be cheap to have it repaired? Could anyone give me an estimate range?

Please e-mail me with the response to my article: snipped-for-privacy@skeptictank.org. Thanks! Where are the WMD's George? War, Lies, and Corporate Ties! Beat Bush in 2004!

Reply to
Christopher Rice

hi chrisopher - remember the transmissions in those areostars? all the problems they had? well, the bronco II is the same one. the news is not what you wanted to hear. the good news is that if you can find wrecked areostar - assuming yours is 2 wheel drive - you should have a good transplant.

just curious - did you change transmission fluid and filter? if you did, that may be why it's doing this. common in those transmissions and people don't know not to change fluid in them if it's not been done on a routine basis. one of the few styles that is really sensitive to fluid changes.

hope this helps.

~ curtis

Reply to
c palmer