My dealings with Ford / Peninsula Ford Palo Alto

Page 2 of 2
If your toyotas are so great why have you needed to buy four of the in the last 16 years? Average life span on your ricer is only 4 years?

Yeah really... My Ford is 37 years old and still running strong. It's my daily driver and probably will be for many years to come. I can easily carry a couple hundred pounds of tools and parts in the trunk, as well as a 7 passengers with comfort. I'd like to see you do all that with a Foreign car, let alone one that's 37 years old!
Cory

Well lets see 'Richard and Gwen', to answer your most intelligent and thought provoking question about the life of a ricer...
After getting the first one and having such a good experience with it, the wife got one in 1990. Then in 2001 I finally traded mine in and got another. The wife just traded hers in a few months ago for a brand new 2004 camry se v6.
Since the average car (foreign or domestic) is traded in well before 12 years maybe now you can understand how we've had 4 in the past so many years.
Oh, and by the way, not one of the cars has ever been taken in for anything but routine maintainence.
I'll stick to Honda and Toyota. Gave GM and Ford a chance and they both sucked the big one... Can anybody say 'The road to redemtion campain' that GM admitted they sucked the big one?
Cheers.

A Honda Civic with all your gear and 4 adults surely won't bottom out....hahahhahahahahhahahahaha

an
On Tue, 18 May 2004 21:36:14 GMT, "Brad Coon"

I drove with my friend in His Honda civic. Me, my girlfriend, and my 2 male friends - both over 6 feet, and well over 250 pounds. I'd say the combination of the 4 of us weigh well more than the radios and equipment I have in my Taurus. And the Civic went nowhere near bottoming out.
PS: Please trim your replies to only quote the relevant text.

Maybe because it did not have all your fire fighter gear on top of all the human weight?

You're right. However the 4 of us in the Civic WAY outweighed the 3 people I've had in my car plus my radios and fire gear.
Evan

Evan, I am glad you like your Honda Civic.
wrote:

the human

human
The math and numbers on your other posts say other wise.

sez.......daaaaaaaaah

Quote it.

Honda Civic with same 4 people all gear and equipment from Ford installed, no problem.
You all have been lovely. I'll be posting elsewhere. It's obvious people only want to praise Ford here, not hear about problems.
Bye.

you never wanted to get help, you just wanted to bitch. I have been following your story and you had already decided to buy a diff car, you were never serious about trying to get it fixed if it was going to cost you money, or bother with the time to have someone really find what was wrong. so go bother some other group. KB
--
ThunderSnake #9 Warn once, shoot twice
460 in the pkup, 460 on the stand for another pkup

Get your facts straight before spouting inaccuracies.
Newsgroups: alt.autos.ford Subject: Help with weight issue on 2001 Taurus Organization: Lack Of Reply-To: snipped-for-privacy@TheObvious.espphotography.com
X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 2.0/32.646 trialware MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Lines: 44 X-Complaints-To: snipped-for-privacy@usenetserver.com X-Abuse-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers X-Abuse-Info: Otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly. NNTP-Posting-Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 00:12:28 EST Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 21:12:26 -0800 Xref: usenetserver.com alt.autos.ford:282918
I have a 2001 Taurus, and I'm a volunteer with a number of different public safety agencies. So I have fire gear and a few two-way radios in the car. Now about 8 months ago, people in the back seat noticed that the shocks seemed loose - i.e. you go over a small bump and it was like bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce. So I took it to Ford - they found a TSB on that issue and moved the exhaust (manifold possibly?) I can dig up the paperwork possibly.
A few months later, I noticed a rattling noise when idling only when there'd be 3 or more people in the car. No major issue, so I ignored it. My warranty expired but I obtained the Premium care. Now fast forward - I'm laid off my current job, my new job has me commuting about an hour a day, so I figure I've got a few days off, why not take the car in. So I do. Initially, they say the problem is the placement of the exhaust, nothing we can do, sorry. I make a fuss - one that this is related to the TSB they fixed, and 2 - "We can't do anything"?? People get in my car and say "What's wrong with your car? That noise is horrible!"
So after speaking to the manager of the ford dealership, he gets his lead tech to take a look. I leave the car again all day - this time he says it's due to the car being over the GVWR or whatever it's called - he says due to my equipment in the car, and the arm of the exhaust being pulled. He says the only fix is to remove the stuff, or get air shocks. He even says that with 2 people in the back, you can SEE the car bottom out from the outside (I'll have to try this).
So, per his suggestion, I get the car weighed: GVRW front is 2577, rear is 2132.
My car with me in it: 2100 and rear 1500. Now the 2 people that are generally in the back (my mom and dad) weigh maybe 300 pounds total. The one person in the front - 180. And yes, the 2100/1500 is with me in.
Am I getting the run around? Does anyone have any suggestions? This is quite annoying. Now granted, Ford isn't trying to sell me anything because they don't make air shocks, but I believe there's a real problem here.
Thanks.
Evan To reply, remove TheObvious from my e-mail address.

you have found one of the few crappy ford dealers this nation has to offer... go see another dealer and ask them to help you out...
If i sell rubber tires and I sell you a bunch of crappy rubber tires does this mean you will never buy rubber tires again?
Why not go to a different rubber tire seller?
People like you do not make sense insted of looking for another rubber tire manufacter you went to buy lemons
Ken

an

Unfortunately, this dealer owns the 3 or 4 local dealers. Short of going WAY out of my way, I'm SOL. Ford Corporate was absolutely no help. The Service manager stated that by installing the radios between the seat, I voided the ESP warranty. Ford Corporate said not true. I told Ford corporate then if that's the case, to call the dealer, and tell them to honor my warranty and fix the problem. "Sorry, we can't. You need to do that yourself." Ford could care less, this dealer doesn't want to fix this problem.

There's a difference between rubber tires and a whole car. And no, I won't buy rubber tires from YOU again. I'll buy them elsewhere.

This experience represents Ford as a whole. And I'm out the $42 "diagnostic" fee to tell me my warranty is void, and we won't help you? You took my money knowing my warranty is void. That's FRAUD.

I certainly hope you aren't calling a Honda Civic, or Hondas for that matter, a lemon.
How many Hondas have you heard of hitting 200, even 300k miles, with simply the standard routine maintenance?
How often do you hear of a Ford <insert model> CAR hitting 300k miles on it without major work aside from routine maintenance being done? Yes, some of Fords trucks are die hard, and have been going since the 1950's with 200+k miles, but for the most part, any Ford car over 200k miles is the exception, not the rule.
Evan

On Mon, 17 May 2004 18:50:41 -0700, Evan Platt

Interesting.. I guess it's true - a 'specific' group, i.e. alt.autos.ford are mostly filled with what one would think are Shills. My post here gets a slew of "Get lost you looser, you're not telling us the whole story, you're a liar.". My post to a non specific group, i.e. ba.consumers attracted a ton of people reporting similar problems to myne. Not one negative post accusing me of anything.
<Sarcasm>Looks like I'll stay out of this group, it appears this is where the Ford employees hang out.</sarcasm>

Well, I do not know the details of your ESP warranty contract but I suspect it, like most warranties, it has a clause that stipulates ANY modifications to vehicle MAY/PROBABLY WILL void the warranty.
Therefore, I NEVER do any modifications to a car under warranty. Why tempt fate? And obviously, there are two sides to every disagreement.
This does not excuse the manufacturer from standing behind their product BUT it is a word to the wise...
Yet another $.02 worth from a proud owner of a 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4 and a 1970 Mach 1 351C @ http://community.webshots.com/album/18644819fHAehGJAjt