My Friend's Pinging Taurus

Hi All, Got a Buddy who keeps on jibbering about his 2001 Taurus.. He claims it only has about twenty thousand miles??? Claims he took it to a dealer
and they did a complete tune up, and one of their techs looked at the computer and "checked all the settings" they told him everything was fine. Well, he claims the thing pings all the time, and he's tried everything.. Anyone out there have any ideas? Or maybe something I could ask him? He's tried higher octane and different brands of gas. Thanks, Bananas
john-bananas opined in

have him get on here... we cant solve problems using hearsay and osmosis.
what is this... three " my friend, my brother says his car.." on this forum at the same time!
if he cant be bothered to find out for himself, then we dont care either
start with what engine.. pings WHEN, at what ambient temp, other conditions...
hell, once he starts assembling the details, he can search this group on google and may find even more info to share.
What are you the NG Bully? You are a puck, Little Man!! Grow the F up... Did it ever cross your beady mind that maybe the dipshit that I'm trying to get info for DOESN'T have a PC?? Obviously not.. And I've dealt with idiots like you before so save the sarcasm for someone who's begging for it! Like I said earlier asswipe, I'm asking for a friend... If you don't have anything to add, just run along and pick on someone else in the group Tough Guy......
Bananas

forum
john-bananas opined in

:)
I hear you.. and
And What? Do you want to help? or???

john-bananas opined in

I don't have too... Just remember, you started it.....

tell your friend to change the fuel filter and clean the MAF sensor

Will do, thank you very much. I'll also try and find out exactly when the symptoms start, and what size motor for sure. (I believe it's a 6)
Thanks again, Bananas