Navigation - Sirius - Audio System (Can you hack away safety features?)

I've got a new Ford with the Navigation system and the full blown media center on the LCD in-dash. It has all these safety features that keep you from going to the channel guide on the satellite radio and choosing
destinations while the car is moving.
These are all wonderful things, but please, I'm an adult and know when it is safe to do things. Besides, the passenger can do them without messing up my driving.
Is there a way to hack this out?
On Jun 25, 1:13 pm, "Just Me (remove <nospam> to reply)" <2000-

Hi, Did you ever get a response? I have the same question. Thanks!
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

In a word, NO.
Yeah, i'm watching this thread also. Please post if any of you find an answer!
Thanks!
Funny,
Several people watching and waiting. I'm glad I'm not the only one interested in this. There were no responses at all so I assumed no one cared as well as no one knew a way to do it.
Now I can see that many want to do the same thing but we just can't find a good link. I've been googling every way I possible can and get nothing.
Just an aside, I just ordered a hand held GPS for my other car. This way I can do whatever I want while driving or not. I can't hook it to the windshield though because the CHP will get me. New CA law. But I can fiddle with it in my lap all I want. Go figure.