Navigator Stalls at Idle

I've got a 1998 Navigator. When I turn the ignition is idles very low and sometimes dies. It runs great in drive or when I accelerate and runs on the
hightway for hours. But when I come to a stop, it dies. Any clue what's causing this?

The Idle speed Control (ISC or IAC) dirty or inop... is one possibility.
My wifes 89 thunderbird did this so I read the trouble codes and it said it was the EGR valve. Sure enough, the diaphram in it was baked and had holes in it.
On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 03:02:33 GMT, Backyard Mechanic

"Majority" wrote: > I've got a 1998 Navigator. When I turn the ignition is idles > very low and sometimes dies. It runs great in drive or when I > accelerate and runs on the hightway for hours. But when I > come to a stop, it dies. Any clue what's causing this?
Is your ck eng light on? if not replace the IAC valve (idle air control) well known to stick and cause the symptoms your describing good luck.