need a helping hand for po340-po122 codes

I own a 1998 taurus OHV 3.0 v6 I have codes po122-po340- and this unknown p1309 Manufacturer Specific Code (don't have any clue to what this is ..do you?) the car seems to hesitate when it reaches the 2nd rpm,or 50 mph, but runs great otherwise. anyways I bought this taurus from my older brother little over an year ago with these problems thinking it was going to be an easy fixer upper "wrong" I was. I have tried changing out the tps sensor and the (cmp)cam shaft position sensor but after clearing the codes I still seem to be getting these codes back on my obd scanner does anyone know why this could be happening??? sure would appreciate some sound and helpful feedback

Reply to
forddude

sensor but after >> clearing the codes I still seem to be getting these codes back

FYI - I googled these codes in about 30 seconds.

P0122 Throttle Position Sensor circuit Low Input P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor circuit fault P1309 Misfire Detection Monitor not enabled

I think you have electrical problems somewhere, that is why changing out the parts didn't work. Alldatadiy.com has the pinpoint test charts, but it's gonna cost you $25. But be warned that they might be beyond your reach if the test charts call for the breakout box.

Reply to
sleepdog

snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote

If those faults have the same source, it might indicate a wiring harness problem. I suspect the regulated Sensor power voltage lead. Like the 5v on EECIV.

Off the top of my head, I would try this:

Connect a VOM (needle type would be best) to the center lead of the TPS. To a solid engine Ground. Verify the voltage is stable and proper during idle.

Do a tap and tug test of the entire engine wiring harness all the back to the PCM connector...While listening for change in engine and watching for blip of the needle. If it's the 5v, needle will drop.

Also Check Wiring harness ground points and engine to chassis grounds.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

And next time don't trust an older brother.

Reply to
Al Bundy
3.0L engines are prone to the cam drive or synchronizer as they call it causing the cam sensor code.remove sensor and inspect half moon looking metal vane for damage.if needs replacing same procedure as replacing distributor,mark the base and make the vane if present.malfunctioning cam sensor can cause misfire codes as well,not certain about your manuf. spec. code.
Reply to
clemdog