Need diagram -Serpentine belt 88 F-150

I need a routing diagram to install the Serpentine belt on a 1988 Ford F-150 pickup with 300ci straight 6 engine. I've spent over 3 hours on google trying to find this. But as usual, google gives me every year, make, model and engine except what I ask for, and half of what it finds is not even related to the search. Google is really going to crap!!!

Anyone have one? I'm not sure of the path to follow. I should have taken a picture of it before the belt came off, but who thinks of things like that till it's too late.....

Thanks

Reply to
homeowner

I have to ask, what happened to the sticker under the hood that shows belt routing. Most Fords since around 1984 had them, they rarely fall off.

Reply to
George Jetson

You're right, there is a sticker on there. I never noticed it before. The only bad thing, is that it's written in spanish, but the picture is all I need. Thanks

Reply to
homeowner
1988 F-150 pickup, 300ci 6 cyl engine with 4WD manually tranny, Fuel injected.

I use this as a farm truck. I often load it with hay bales and feed, and drive it for one minute to the barn or something like that, and shut it off. I unload the feed, (takes about 5 minutes), and try to start the truck. It turns over, but refuses to start. Not even a pop, it just wont start at all. After a half hour or more, it starts with no problems. This seems to only happen in cold weather. WHY DOES IT DO THIS?

I had a Chevy car with a carburetor that used to do a similar thing, but that was because the choke would be completely closed, while the engine was still warm, and the engine would flood. That was an easy fix, I'd just remove the air cleaner cover, put a tool in the carb to hold the choke open and it would start right up. I had to do that quite often in cold weather, but aside from being a little aggravating, there was an easy solution and I was not left stranded. (yea, I did adjust that choke numerous times, but that was a defect that was common on that car).

Anyhow, I'm not very familiar with fuel injected vehicles. As far as I know, there is no choke. I am completely clueless as far as what to do when this happens, and why it happens. Can anyone expain why it happens and what to do to get it running when this does happen?

Yea, I know someone is gonna tell me to leave it running when I unload the hay or whatever. I normally do, but I have a leaky radiator and am waiting for another radiator. Until I get the replacement, I try to keep the engine cool so I dont lose all the coolant. And there are times that I might need to tend to another chore and dont want to waste a lot of gas, or times I shut off the truck and discover I need something else, which is in another building, so I have to restart the truck.

Anyone have any idea why this happens?

It only seems to happen if I start the truck and while it's still idling fast, I shut it off. Yesterday I started it, it started fine. I loaded the truck and drove it 50 feet, shut it off. I was not planning to drive it for a while. A few minutes later I needed to get something from another shed, and it refused to start again. It turns over just fine, but dont even try to start. I had to walk to get what I needed. A few hours later it started just fine again. HELP!

Reply to
homeowner

We neeed to know if it has spark. Have someone crank it while you have a plug wire helt 1/4" from the block - preferably not in bright sunlight and see if you get a good snapping blue spark. If so, you have a fuel problem - if not a spark problem. Then we can start diagnosis/

Reply to
clare

At Sat, 26 Jan 2013 13:50:11 -0600, homeowner rearranged some electrons to write:

TFI module?

Reply to
David

it 'temp sender') was disconnected from the computer so the computer always though it was cold. Started fine cold and a little warm, but if I tried to start after the engine got up to temperature, I had to pump the gas like crazy to get it to catch.

the thermostat and the radiator connects to the temp gauge only. The one between the themostat and the engine is the one for the computer. More likely to be a spark problem on the f150. When it doesn't start, disconnect a plug wire and see if you have spark. If not, you have a bad spart module. Not sure but I think that one has a TFI module on the distributor that is prone to that kind of failure.

Reply to
clare

This happened to my 97 Aerostar. The radiator coolant temp sensor (some call it 'temp sender') was disconnected from the computer so the computer always though it was cold. Started fine cold and a little warm, but if I tried to start after the engine got up to temperature, I had to pump the gas like crazy to get it to catch.

On mine there is a sensor on either side of the thermostat. The one between the thermostat and the radiator connects to the temp gauge only. The one between the themostat and the engine is the one for the computer.

Reply to
Guv Bob