Need expert advice (halide to halogen?)

I have a 96 Lincoln Mark 8. I don't care for my current headlights, which are metal halide bluelights.
My question: Is it possible to convert them over to regular halogen
headlights. If so, how would I go about this?
Thank you!
You can get the same effect as factory halogen lights on your car by just not turning the headlights on (seriously). People that own a Gen I Mark VIII have spent a $1,000 or more just to convert their dangerously inadequate halogen lights to HID so they can see to drive at night, and you want to go in the other direction? WOW!
John Diamond wrote:

Sharon K.Cooke wrote:

Unless you've spent a lot more than $1k to rewire the whole lighting system, that HID upgrade is actually more dangerous than the Halogen (which I have and can see with just fine, thanks).
Just because you're legally blind doesn't mean that everyone should install a higher-current lighting system and risk scorching up their factory wiring. Though perhaps with a few magnesium strips, the resulting electrical fire would be more than bright enough to illuminate your path.
--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
HID lights actually consume LESS current than halogen lights, and produce less heat. The lights I retrofitted are factory equipment for a '96 Mark VIII LSC, so they're safe and legal. If you have a Gen I Lincoln Mark VIII with halogen headlights and can actually see to drive safely at night, more power to you; most people simply can't, and I'm talking about people in their teens & twenties here that should have good night vision.