Need expert advice (halide to halogen?)

Reply to
Sharon K.Cooke

I have a 96 Lincoln Mark 8. I don't care for my current headlights, which are metal halide bluelights.

My question: Is it possible to convert them over to regular halogen headlights. If so, how would I go about this?

Thank you!

Reply to
John Diamond

Unless you've spent a lot more than $1k to rewire the whole lighting system, that HID upgrade is actually more dangerous than the Halogen (which I have and can see with just fine, thanks).

Just because you're legally blind doesn't mean that everyone should install a higher-current lighting system and risk scorching up their factory wiring. Though perhaps with a few magnesium strips, the resulting electrical fire would be more than bright enough to illuminate your path.

Reply to
Isaiah Beard

Reply to
Sharon K.Cooke