Need Help

I have a 1996 Ford Windstar 3.8. The transmission was rebuilt 7 months ago and the vehicle has developed a sputtering surge/jerking at around 1500rpm in
overdrive and 55-60 mph on the highway. No fault codes are shown after replacing plugs(double platinum), plug wire set, and the #4 fuel injector. Fuel filter is clean and I have attemped to locate any kind of vacuum leak when the manifold was removed for fuel injector replacement. I am giving up and asking for suggestions, please help if you have had a similar problem or know a solution to tracking it down.
"" wrote: > I have a 1996 Ford Windstar 3.8. The transmission was rebuilt > 7 months > ago and the vehicle has developed a sputtering > surge/jerking at around > 1500rpm in overdrive and 55-60 mph on > the highway. No fault codes are > shown after replacing > plugs(double platinum), plug wire set, and the > #4 fuel > injector. Fuel filter is clean and I have attemped to > locate > any kind of vacuum leak when the manifold was removed > for fuel > injector replacement. I am giving up and asking for > suggestions, > please help if you have had a similar problem or > know a solution to > tracking it down.
it may just be your trans. is a little slow at getting out of over drive. i have the same problem in my 93 olds achieva(trans. was rebuilt about 4-5 years ago). i have done all the same things you have done(for the most part) but i didnt change any injectors or check for vacume leaks. it has been almost 5 months and it is still running fine. so it may just be a little slow at leaving overdrive.