need help 91 Ford Taurus

I have a 91 Ford Taurus, 3L 6 cyl automatic.

The right wheel acts like the caliber is about to fall off.

I took off the tire and the brkes are solid.

However in comparing the right and left side as to how much play is involved the left side is fairly rigid and stable b but the right side has a lot of play in it.

It looks like either thebearings are completely shor or the steering tie rod is very loose as there is a lot of in and out play on this rod.

Can this be fixed by me ?

Do the wheel berrings ever go out on modern cars ?

What's involved in buying another steering tie rod as far as replacing this part on a 91 Ford Taurus ?

I can count the threads to get the stearing close..

dave

(thanks for any suggestions, including svaping the dern thang)

Reply to
heyyall

You really need to get to the bottom of the problem. You don't want to guess about what parts are worn and what parts aren't. It could literally mean a horrible accident; I've seen it happen...

As to the question of whether or not these parts are owner-replaceable, the answer is yes they are in most cases. However, in several cases, such as ball joints for example, it's far better to pay to get them done if you don't have the proper and expensive tools for the job. Even then you'll have to go somewhere for an alignment probably, depending on the part replaced.

CJ

Reply to
CJB

"CJB" wrote in news:TCTWb.14002$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrddc01.gnilink.net:

Reply to
heyyall

Buy the manual you need.( that will tell you what you need to know ) Buy the tools you need.( that will enable you to do what you want to know ) Buy the parts you need. ( well you ought to be able to figure that out...) Pay the price for what you can not do, such as alignment............Damn, that's close too if not over what you do not want to pay.........

How do you make one Escort out of two Taurus's? I don't think the fish will give you an answer. Maybe you ought to take up clamming?

Reply to
Thomas Moats

"Thomas Moats" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

What you are saying is junk the car or fork over the dough ?

Whut about the joy of tinkering >>> bleeding busted knuckles, learnin' new cuss words, beating the wife in between car fixin sessions, kickin the dawg just because the fool walked by, payin' way too much fer parts made with child slave labor in Red china for 2 cents on the dollar,

finally takin' it to be repaired and having to pay twice as much as you figured. :')

It aint sposed to make no dern cents.

No more than the one that follows thatn. :'>

Reply to
heyyall

"Thomas Moats" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

(I dont knead perfection , its just a bleading fishin' car)

dave

Reply to
heyyall

It's pretty obvious as too why you can't.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

You only see the fasad, your judgement is biased and flawed by the small communications that I have revealed.

By the way "too" should be "to" in your statement.

( neener, neener, neener !!!!!!!!!! )

Reply to
heyyall

snipped-for-privacy@country.net wrote in news:Xns948E887F79976hey@207.69.154.202:

Whoops, I aint gott no good learnin' either, coreected mi spelin'

You only see the facad, your judgment is biased and flawed by the small communications that I have revealed.

By the way "too" should be "to" in your statement.

( neener, neener, neener !!!!!!!!!! )

Reply to
heyyall

The judgment was and is based on your questions, not your "cute" writing style. Some one who can do alignments should not be needing to ask the questions you ask.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

"Thomas Moats" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

You lose.

Reply to
heyyall

neener neener neener

Reply to
heyyall

"Facade"...

Rob

* * *
Reply to
Trainfan1

Then your trolling. I nibbled, but did not take the bait, you lost.

Reply to
Thomas Moats