Need Help clutch 92

Need good pictures and instructions in changing a clutch 92 escort station wagon 1.9 engine .

Reply to
wired and confused

wired and confused

I just replaced a clutch on the same car, actually I did the clutch and rear main seal. Go get a chiltons manual, it will give you pics, and instructions. It will take you at least a weekend. It did for me, but I needed to wait for parts, and I was really busy. Start by removing the intake, battery tray, and PCV. Loosten the half shaft nuts, jack the car up, and remove the tires. Remove the half shaft nuts. Go under the car, and remove the lower crossmember, and disconnect all wiring, and cables, and linkages to the tranny. Support the engine with a 3 bar hoist, it will show this in the chiltons. Then, undo the bolts to the block and tranny, and then remove the mount and it slides right out. Kinda heavy. Replace your clutch, make sure the new disc doesn't get dirty, and get a new pressure plate, or have it resurfaced, along with the flywheel. To put it back together, do everything in reverse. You will need to bleed the clutch as well. Let me know if you need more help.

-Chris

Reply to
Mistercmk