Need help for 2001 escort, black smoke, 5mph tops etc...

1. Black smoke 2. spark plugs are coated with black powder 3. won't go over 5 mph 4. at times will excel to 70 mph and boog down to 5 mpg again 5. idle rough
help, help help.
Thanks
Oh I forgot has 63k and I change oil every 3k, also changed belt three days ago.
again, thanks.
Take it somewhere to have the codes read from the computer. Sounds like a failing sensor or loose connection.

Because you or some one else has been under the hood, make a real close look at all the connectors to make sure none have been disconnected. That means do not just look but touch, feel, push on the connectors. Check fuel pressure should be 35-65 psi.

Thank you .