need help for bronco 1987 4x4

hi all

i have a bronco 4x4 6 cyl. 2.9L with automatic locking hub ( just push a button on the celing ) and there is a kind of wiper motor on the transfer case that does the rest .

i would like to look the front hub so they are always lock and on 4x4

because i do snow removal at my home and the truck always stay on my land it does no go on the street , and i think that with automatic looking hud they sometimes get unlock and that is not good for me , but some one told me that it is possible to lock them for ever , by welding a part inside them , because i dont whant to spend money to change the for manual one .

So is ther some one out there that could help in telling me how to weld the front hub , and the more detaild the best , and if by any chance you have picture send them to me

my e-mail is snipped-for-privacy@hybride.com

thank's in advance for all your help , and have a nice day

patrice

Reply to
Patrice Barrette

I believe that it is possible to replace the autolocking hubs with a manual locking hub. I would consider that a more favorable solution that a permanently locked hub.

Reply to
Mellowed

yep, best , cheapest and easy to do. old john

Reply to
<ajeeperman