Need help to fix my backup light

I need to get the car safety check that required to have this backup light. It is a 1978 Ford Lincoln Versaille (similar to ford Granada. I bought this
to restore the car last year. Questions: 1/ I would like to know where the backup light switch is and how do you engage or disengage it. 2/ Once the switch is engaged, how does the backup light get its power? Basically, is the power to the backup light come from the switch or the switch act like a ground wire to complete the circuit where there is a live wire at the backup light and all it needs is ground.
Thx
none wrote:

Your back-up light switch is combined with your neutral safety switch. Location is either right at the transmission where the shiftlinkage connects or at the bottom of the steering column combined with your automatic park brake release. It is not ground controlled, pos power is supplied through the switch. Good luck.
Thanks for the post. So, there is pos. power from this switch to backup light?. Is the switch servicable? Can it be tested with an ohm meter or voltmeter?
Thanks again.

light.
this
live
none wrote:

Switch is not servicable. All you need for tools to diagnose is a testlight.
I have repaired the backup light switch. The switch is mounted on the steering column near the brake pedal. This switch has two wires and two vacuum hose. The switch was cracked and pop out at the rivet. I repaired the switch and is as good as new.

power?
testlight.