Need More Advice: '91 F-150

Hello again everyone!
My 1991 Ford F-150 with 5.0 HO is still unexpectedly and rather unfortunately stalling.
The truck will idle, and go, but as soon (auto trans btw) as you press the
brake, the engine cuts off. It doesn't miss or anything, just shuts off like a light bulb.
The advice I got here was check fuel pressure from the pump which holds steady as a rock at 37, which is certainly enough to make the truck run.
I'd take this thing to the dealership to get it scanned, but it won't run that long!
Any other suggestions? This has been the best vehicle I have owned over the years, and I really need my truck to run!
Thanks in advance for your help!
BigBob

Does it shut off in neutral if you just rev the engine and step on the brake pedal? Or does it only shut off if your moving?
Al

Al,
It only shuts down like that when moving. In neutral all is fine.
This is just so puzzling to me.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
BigBob
On Mon, 02 May 2005 14:50:47 GMT, Big Bob

Try disconnecting and plugging the brake booster vacuum line. If you get the same response, the brake booster is the culprit. Your IAC may also be dirty or defective causing it not to respond properly. Do drive the truck with the booster vacuum hose disconnected. You won't have much brakes. This is only a crude test to locate the cause. You are looking for whatever has an effect on the engine that may lead to a stall.
Good luck Lugnut