need more help with my nonstarting ford taurus

My 1987 ford Taurus will not start, car’s dash display reads taillight out. Is it possible that a backup light malfunction is sending feedback into the system causing car to start.

Add pictures here
βœ–
needhelpinsoutherncal opined in

Does the engine crank? If it cranks, do you have spark? Does the fuel pump run when you turn ign on prior to start?
Have you checked the taillight bulbs?
Add pictures here
βœ–
hi, the car cranks we have no spark, the fuel pump has come on one time. my husband has changed all taillight bulbs. gas to fuel rail is fine.
Add pictures here
βœ–
needhelpinsoutherncal opined in

Agree with Scott M..
Likely the ignition module on side of distributor..
special little wrench, 2 screws, MAKE SURE clean off old caky grease, use dielectric grease, all from auto parts store.
Add pictures here
βœ–

If you have no spark it will not run, sort of why it's called a spark ignition engine. The tail lights are in absolutely no way involved. The most likley cause is the ignition module, take it off and have it tested.
Add pictures here
βœ–

out.
===============Anythings possible but that is not very likely. If it cranks but has no spark your best bet would be the ignition module.
Add pictures here
βœ–
My husband had the ignition module tested over a month ago, it was bad, so he bought a new one, replaced it and still the car would not start. We are both going nuts with this car. Helppppppp.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Toe it to a shop and have it diagnoses and repaired. Beats having a month old planter in the yard.

Add pictures here
βœ–
Thomas Moats opined in

For the cost of the tow, they can get a test lite... see if it flashes when connected to dist side of coil from grd as engine cranks. And always on when conn from ign sw side to grd.
and if it doesnt flash and coil is getting power, then can go to junkyard and get a whole distributor. And a new coil.
Add pictures here
βœ–

when
when
and
=====================And then... If it still wont run what do they do?.....;)
Add pictures here
βœ–

He's been working on it for at least a month..................something tells me that this is beyond him.
Add pictures here
βœ–
I've heard that the distributors have problems. I'd be reluctant to install a junk yard distributor.
Add pictures here
βœ–

No. The systems to look at is ignition and fuel this is assuming the engine mechanically sound enough to run.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Ign. Module, pick up in the dist., bad coil.
Check the coil first, if thats good, I'd replace the pick up in the dist.
C. Vaughan

out.
engine
Add pictures here