Neutral safety switch?

whare is the neutral safety switch located on a 92 Aerostar?? and is it activated by the transmission or the linkage

Reply to
Sha Zam

ooPs! i thought this was a Ford Group.... seems everyone with a ford question gets bumped to the second page by this long Toyota thread........

Reply to
Sha Zam

Tools > Message Rules > News > New Rule: If subject includes "Toyota", delete message. This then becomes Ford group again. I haven't seen a Toyota message in a looooong time.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote

That only works for Outlook Express. His message is from (shudder...) "Organization: WebTV Subscriber"

Automatic: The neutral start switch is accessed from under the vehicle on the driver's side

Manual: Driver's side of transmission again. There's two switches, reverse and neutral. The neutral switch is located above the reverse switch, toward the rear of the transmission.

MasterBlaster

can you Please post a drawing of the Interlock-Solenoid Gearshift linkage lock.. located on the steering-console.... Thank-You

Reply to
Sha Zam

"Sha Zam" wrote

Sorry, I can't post what I don't have / can't find.

Reply to
MasterBlaster

Please Help:: i can`t get this thing out of park ::::::: can (Anyone) tell me whare the ((((interlock solenold neutral safety switch))) located on a

92 Aerostar? or for that mater on any Ford:: and is it activated by the transmission or the linkage?? ........ i was thinking it was a bad shift cable but now i`m thinking its the SAFTY SWITCH!! ............. whare is it,, what does it look like,, and how can i check it??
Reply to
Sha Zam

The owners manual should have the procedure for doing what you want. I think (I might be wrong), that if you turn the key to unlock, but not on, position, you can shift it to neutral. Then you can start the car in neutral and put it in drive/reverse/etc.

Reply to
AZGuy

Reply to
Thomas Moats