Neutral safety switch?

whare is the neutral safety switch located on a 92 Aerostar?? and is it activated by the transmission or the linkage

ooPs! i thought this was a Ford Group.... seems everyone with a ford question gets bumped to the second page by this long Toyota thread........ <<<<Save-Jobs-Buy-American.Made>>>>

<Support-Our-Troops--bring-them-Home
Sha Zam wrote:

Tools > Message Rules > News > New Rule: If subject includes "Toyota", delete message. This then becomes Ford group again. I haven't seen a Toyota message in a looooong time.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@BARFcarolina.rr.com
"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote

That only works for Outlook Express. His message is from (shudder...) "Organization: WebTV Subscriber"
Automatic: The neutral start switch is accessed from under the vehicle on the driver's side
http://www.cybrrpartspro.com/Chilton%20Images/8824/88247g31.gif
Manual: Driver's side of transmission again. There's two switches, reverse and neutral. The neutral switch is located above the reverse switch, toward the rear of the transmission.
http://www.cybrrpartspro.com/Chilton%20Images/8824/88247g02L.gif
can you Please post a drawing of the Interlock-Solenoid Gearshift linkage lock.. located on the steering-console.... Thank-You
"Sha Zam" wrote

Sorry, I can't post what I don't have / can't find.
Please Help:: i can`t get this thing out of park ::::::: can (Anyone) tell me whare the ((((interlock solenold neutral safety switch))) located on a 92 Aerostar? or for that mater on any Ford:: and is it activated by the transmission or the linkage?? ........ i was thinking it was a bad shift cable but now i`m thinking its the SAFTY SWITCH!! ............. whare is it,, what does it look like,, and how can i check it??
On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 15:12:22 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Sha Zam) wrote:

The owners manual should have the procedure for doing what you want. I think (I might be wrong), that if you turn the key to unlock, but not on, position, you can shift it to neutral. Then you can start the car in neutral and put it in drive/reverse/etc.
do you have brake lights?