new engine $ for ford van???

So after a tour around America this fall my 1990 Ford Econoline 250 is only running on 7 cylinders (at best) and now I'm stuck with trying to figure out if I should just trash the thing or put a new engine in it.
This was supposedly already a rebuild on 200,000 miles.
My question to ya'll: How much does a new engine cost for such a thing? The old one is a 5.0 V8....302?
....and what is a ballpark price for the labor of doing such a thing?
Thanks, all!!
-Aaron

============================I bet you could get her done for about $2K total. Maybe even less if you shop around. GL
Why do you say you need a new engine? Maybe all that has happened is on of the spark plugs or wires has gone open.

I've got a 5.8L 351W in my Crown Victoria. For 1250$ ($CAN), I exchanged my old 5.8L for a complete rebuilt engine, the same model. It was about the same price to replace the motor than replacing the crank seals that were broken :-) The 5.0L should be the same price.
Pictures there : http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/250410/10

I'm with Tom on this diagnosis. You need to do a compression check to see if your engine is bad. It may be just a bad plug or wire/ dead pole in the dist cap. rotor not making a contact in dist. and several other malfunctions. ~ to address "Q" Engine cost $ 800.00 rebuilt long block. Co.~ Metals Crankshaft Grinding Co. Depending on your core and pistons being OK.
Used drive train complete $ 500.00 sitting right here. "E me" Without a compression check please don't assume your engine is just bad. If the compression check fails it still may be just the heads and valves. BeeVee

I agree with Thomas and BeeVee. Find out what the problem is first.
You can either have it rebuilt at a good machine shop or buy a rebuilt engine at a place like autozone. Make sure that if you buy a rebuilt one, you get the good one, not the cheap rebuilt engine. The cheap rebuilt engine doesn't have all the new parts or high quality parts.
The other question that comes to mind is how much is the van worth? Would it be better either to get a new one or buy a used one? How far will the body go?
Jeff