new Lincoln (MKS?)

when the Ford Five Hundred and Mercury Montego came out in 2005, mags said a Lincoln version was to follow.
3 years later, I'm now seeing tv commercials for it..........went to
Lincoln.com and there's no mention of it. But there are several independent sites that have details and pricing.
was interested until I noticed that the engine requires premium gas.......good job guys.
The 3.5 V6 does not require premium. The last Lincoln to require premium fuel was the Lincoln LS V8. I have a 20005 LS and it runs fine on regular 89, in any event

The MKS has a 3.7L V-6 , not the 3.5L V-6. www.fueleconomy.gov claims it will run on regular.
Ed
That is true, but the Lincoln he was referencing was the 2008 MKZ not the 2009 MKS, that is just coming to market. My 2008 MKZ has the 3.5 and it uses 87 octane as did my previous Zephyr that had the 3.0 V

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net says...

The MKS uses a 3.7L version of the 3.5L from the new Taurus/Sable.
I had no problems finding the official site: http://www.lincoln.com/reachhigher/?referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eford % 2Ecom&glbcmp=ford|vehicles Shorter version: http://tinyurl.com/5hzbbe
As for premium, it's not as 'expensive' as it used to be. At $2.00/gal, the typical $0.20 extra was a 10% increase. Now at $4.00/gal, it's only a 5% increase.
-- If there is a no_junk in my address, please REMOVE it before replying! All junk mail senders will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!! http://home.att.net/~andyross
I owned four Lincoln LS V8s, a 2000. 2002. 2004 still have a 2205 that I kept at my home in Key West. I always used regular in all of them, no problem
says...

Mike hunt wrote:

Wow! I thought Ford didn't even come out with its 2009 trucks yet. And it has a 2205 car out already. Now, that's looking to the future.
Jeff

Based on many of the things you post, apparently there is a lot you don't know. I have had a 2009 Ford in my driveway for two week. LOL

Mike hunt wrote:

A 2009 Ford truck or car?
Jeff

I have no ides what you are talking about. You mentioned "2009 Ford truck," not me LOL

Mike hunt wrote:

Mike, read the whole thread. I said that Ford didn't even come out with 2009 Ford trucks yet. And you responded that you had a 2009 Ford. I asked if it were a Ford car or truck.
Get a clue man.
You don't need to be an asshole.
Jeff

Mike Hunt wrote:
I owned four Lincoln LS V8s, a 2000. 2002. 2004, still have a 2205. ________________________________________
"Jeff" wrote:
Wow! Ford didn't even come out with its 2009 trucks yet, and it has a 2205 car out already. _________________________________________
Ooooh!! Ooooh!! Ooooh!! Caught Mike in a mistake again!! It's so satisfying when one's life work is rewarded.
Now, that's looking to the future.
Jeff

I need not waist my valuable time proofreading what I post, our friend Jeff does it for me ;)
says...

On a side note, I read that due to the crash in truck sales, the 2009 F150's will be delayed at least 2 months, from late summer to the fall.
I wonder if any of the manufacture who are currently selling vehicles in the US, would be HAPPY to be selling a high profit one that is still selling at the rate of 500,000 a year as annual sales fall from 16,000,000 to 14,500,000? Wanna bet Toyota would love to selling ONLY 500,000 Tondras ;)
says...