New Mustang Has Live Axle?!

I love almost everything about the new mustang, especially the Cobra. But why oh why did Ford have to stick with a live rear axle? Where I drive the roads are not very good so I would definitely be able to tell
there is a live axle back there no matter what Ford says. Place foot here and shoot it...
On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 10:50:26 -0500, Dan wrote:

At least the live axle should be more durable and less problematic. I'll trade some performance for those qualities. From what I've read they did a pretty good job with suspension, despite the live axle. I am putting serious thought into making the Mustang my next car.
Rodney
-
I own a 2005 Mustang GT convertible. I can assure you the car handles quite well in the twisties with the straight axle. :)
mike hunt
Dan wrote:

What about a twisty with irregular bumps?
On 4/6/2005 2:29 PM, snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com wrote:

No problem, it handles much better than my 2003 GT convertible did in that situation.
mike hunt
Dan wrote:

Dan wrote:

Cost and consumer demand. There are many "traditional" Mustang owners that have expressed a preference for the live axle. And, it doens't seem to be a big deterent to road racing performance. See :
http://www.grand-am.com/Events/SessionResults.asp?SessionIDI5 http://www.grandamerican.com/News/Article.asp?ID626 http://www.grand-am.com/CONTENT/Docs/PDF/2005/sd%20Cup%20Mfg%20Points.pdf
Ed