New Mustang Has Live Axle?!

I love almost everything about the new mustang, especially the Cobra. But why oh why did Ford have to stick with a live rear axle? Where I drive the roads are not very good so I would definitely be able to tell there is a live axle back there no matter what Ford says. Place foot here and shoot it...

Reply to
Dan

At least the live axle should be more durable and less problematic. I'll trade some performance for those qualities. From what I've read they did a pretty good job with suspension, despite the live axle. I am putting serious thought into making the Mustang my next car.

Rodney

Reply to
rodney

I own a 2005 Mustang GT convertible. I can assure you the car handles quite well in the twisties with the straight axle. :)

mike hunt

Dan wrote:

Reply to
RustyFendor

What about a twisty with irregular bumps?

Reply to
Dan

No problem, it handles much better than my 2003 GT convertible did in that situation.

mike hunt

Dan wrote:

Reply to
MikeHunt2

Cost and consumer demand. There are many "traditional" Mustang owners that have expressed a preference for the live axle. And, it doens't seem to be a big deterent to road racing performance. See :

?ID=3626
Ed

Reply to
C. E. White