New Rotors and pads...

My 03 GM started pulsating during stops after driving for about 400 miles a day. Pulled the rotors and replaced them, took all of 20 minutes for each side.
Strangley everything looked ok but when I went on the road and went to stop.. SMOOTH as silk again. Not bad for 32K. Went after market with Bendix pads and premium rotors.. I expext to be doing the same thing in another 30k....
Jake
M Hayes529 wrote:

New rotors every 30K?
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (M Hayes529) wrote:

I don't know how hard you're using your brakes, but 32K on a set of rotors seems an unusually short life span. Unless they're warped beyond recovery, you should be able to resurface them for less than the cost of new rotors.
| George Ruch | "Is there life in Clovis after Clovis Man?"
hiya all,
32K with only one set of rotors! incredible.
I've had this '84 Granada for years, love the car, it's my favourite toy. Now I do admit to using the car to it's full and I know that it's down to driving style but I have pads every 6 months and rotors every 2 or 3 sets of pads. I do less than 10k miles a year. For some reason it's a bit greedy on tyres as well.
Good job the parts are cheap. pity the petrol isn't.
pottsy