newbe with a question

Hi i have a 1995 ford escort with 132 thousand miles on it still running strong. But im looking to do some performance modifications and have no idea what to get seeing its my first car and all any help would be appreiciated thanks.

Reply to
1fastscort95

"Google" is your friend.

Ford Escort Forums -

Have fun!!

Reply to
I. Care

"1fastscort95" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au...

Change the oil and keep up on the maintaince. It is not worth putting much money into it.

Save the money for college, a new house or a new car.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Basically, that's what I told my boy.... Gave him a 97 Ranger for graduating.... I keep it safe and dependable in exchange for "favours" which can keep him hopping... At 19, he owns his own home (well, him and the morgage company).

Once he gets established, he'll have a lot of opportunities to have some really nice toys....

Word to the wise.... it is seldom a good diea to hotrod your daily driver... The quest for "more" will eventually render the car undriveable - a chore to drive - or possibly just plain unreliable.

I was young once (honest).. and there's all manner of things I wish I'd done different.

Reply to
Jim Warman

Only things i done with it so far was put some neons on the interior got a better radio chrome valve stem covers and muffler tip. Anyways i have a old mustange i have to save up for to get running again.

Reply to
1fastscort95

Oh come on, wing's look good on escorts!

Reply to
Picasso

"1fastscort95" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au...

Then, you've done more than you should have.

You do all the other stuff, like put in a new cam, maybe a new chip, whatever. What do you get for your troubles when you go sell it? Not much.

Save it for the Mustang.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

K thanks guys i already got 600 dollars stuck into the mustange i got a

289 hipo for it and the fenders now i need a hood but its a really nice mustange its a 1966 mustange gt 289 fastback a code its original color was yellow now black its only got 70 thousand miles on it should be sweet when i get done.
Reply to
1fastscort95

"1fastscort95" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au...

It should be,

And, unlike the Escort, it will be worth something when finished. ;-)

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Do the neons and chrome covers make it go faster?

Looks aren't gonna get it faster.

A new intake, cams, and such *might* be worth it, but the others are right, save the money for the 'Stang

Reply to
El Bandito

I wasnt expecting to make it go faster by changing the looks im not that dumb so anyways yeah the stuff i put in it was fairly cheap but today i got a nice amp for my subs so it really pounds now.

Reply to
1fastscort95

"1fastscort95" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au...

Now is the time for the high output alternator.

Bill

Reply to
Berkshire Bill