no brakes

Page 2 of 2

Overheating the crap out of them, boiling the fluid in the front calipers.

Where did the fluid that is no a gas go? What happens when the calipers cool off?

else it will go?....All I know is I've seen a few come in that lost the pedal to the floor after a few (or more) panic stops, you can bleed the front and they come back to life. Can't think of any other explaination other than super-heating and boiling fluid.

The gas tends to stay in the calipers. When it returns to a liquid the brakes work as before. But in an event, not something you should be seeing from a few "panic" stops. Something that is not even seen very often on cars coming off mountain runs.

the duration of them thats why I said (or more) and originaly "overheating the crap out of them" too. If the fluid should return to a liquid after cooling off, maybe it was contaiminated with something, moisture would be my guess.

is not going to happen. The fact is this guy is asking about a 1980 car. They don't work because the linings are most likely gone, and the metal lines are most likely rotted and leaking. The Drum hardware is most likely shot the drums most likely over sized due to wear and the rotors real thin for the same reason.

How does air get in the lines?