No fuel on Windstar 95

Hi,

At random my van won't start, it looks as if no gas is going to the injectors, before crawling under the van, is there somewhere I could look to troubleshoot, and maybe find why the gas won't come.

But it never appened that the engine stopped, without me stopping it!

This morning I took it to work, and at lunch time... can't start, but the starter cranks OK.

Thanks.

Reply to
Yves

Yves opined in news:KPUEd.583586$ snipped-for-privacy@news.easynews.com:

yeah... you listen for the fuel pump 2 second prime with switch on, no crank.

But crawling under the car should be the first thing on your agenda, after that... fuel filter.

Lotsa possibilities... from the TFI to a bad fuel pump

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

"spam25" wrote: > Hi, > > At random my van won't start, it looks as if no gas is going > to the > injectors, before crawling under the van, is there somewhere I > could look to > troubleshoot, and maybe find why the gas won't come. > > But it never appened that the engine stopped, without me > stopping it! > > This morning I took it to work, and at lunch time... can't > start, but the > starter cranks OK. > > Thanks.

Check to see if you can hear the fuel pump run as suggested by Backyard Mechanic. If the fuel pump is not running you may have a fuel pump problem or a problem with the power circuit to the pump. The next step is to check for power to the pump. I have found quite a few of these with no power to the pump due to a faulty Constant Control Relay Module (CCRM). The CCRM is a solid state unit that houses the fuel pump relay, cooling fan and A/C control relays. The CCRM is mounted on the radiator support near the battery.

If you can hear the fuel pump running you will need to check for spark, proper fuel pressure and injector pulse in order to determine which steps to take next.

Good luck

Reply to
Vent_7

Hi, check fuel pump relay they go bad on these vans.

Reply to
ledpeddle

ledpeddle opined The next step is to check

:)

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic