no gas

I have a 1988 ford thunderbird 5.0 engine. I can"t get any fuel from the tank to the engine. I have replaced the fuel relay and fuel pump with no results. Will a bad computer cause this problem? Can anyone
suggest other areas to look into with this problem. THANKS.
On 25-May-2004, kn snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (EDWIN WILLIAMS) wrote:

Start at the pump and check for current. If no current there, work your way back. It could easily be a bad wire or connection.
--
Every day is a good day- it's just that some are better than others.

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------000104080503030508000007 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
What about a plugged fuelfilter?
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

--------------000104080503030508000007 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
<pre wrap="">On 25-May-2004, <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:kn snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net">kn snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net</a> (EDWIN WILLIAMS) wrote:
--------------000104080503030508000007--
"EDWIN WILLIAMS" wrote

Does the pump make noise when you turn the key on?
How about if you ground the tan/light-green wire at the EEC test plug under the hood while the key is on?
Have you checked/reset the "impact" switch in the trunk (behind the hole in the trunk liner by the left taillight)?
How about bypassing the impact switch with a piece of wire?
Is there power at the big yellow wire at the fuel pump relay?
Try jumping the yellow and the pink-black at the relay. That will give direct power from battery to pump, assuming the blue fusible link isn't blown.
Fuel pump does not make any noise when I turn the switch to the on position. I checked the voltage coming into the relay and got about 8 volts. Is that about right? Coming out the relay before I get to the tank , I get about 3 volts. I have not checked any of the other suggestion from you, but will. Thanks!
I just want thank for your advise on the thing that I need to check. It was a bad impact switch. I jumped the impact switch to the fuel pump and everything worked fine. Thank you very much for your advise!!!
"EDWIN WILLIAMS" wrote

Glad you found the problem. Those switches sometimes go bad, and can sometimes just get "triggered" by a hard knock, like slamming the trunk too hard when parked on a hill, and need to be reset by pushing the button on top.
Dont forget to check the fuses. :)