No Heat - 1998 Taurus 3.0 (2 valve)

Hi gang
I had my water pump and all of the hoses reaplced by my mechanic. He said my heater coil is clogged and thats why Im not getting any Cabin heat.
I removed the hoses from the heater core under the hood and blew the garden hose thru it in both directions. after lota of junk ran out I got clear water to flow. Now I'm still not getting any heat. Do I need to bleed the system? how is this done. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks to all.
Larry

Read it all. key points: first make sure the top nipple traces to the water pump
second install a flush T in that line, highest point possible.. but close to heater as possible.
Remember the bubble wants to go UP
You are going to have to burp this several times, in probably several sessions as bubbles in the block migrate to heater
If the bubbles are actually able to migrate, once the thermostat opens they should go to the radiator and, eventually, out the cap to the degas bottle... which should be kept about half full.
But the heater MAY still perform under par, while passing clear water, if several tubes inside are clogged.
you pay..DEAL with it!