NOISEY BEARINGS BELT TENSIONER AND IDLER PULLEYS 94 CROWN VIC

I do not want to replace either complete assembly, only the actual bearings themselves, which appear to be identical. Would anyone happen to know of a source for these bearings? Thanks.

If you look in the phone book, you might find an Autozone, NAPA or other parts place near by. That would be my first bet. Or the dealer. If you can get seperate bearings, this would be where to look.
Jeff
snipped-for-privacy@peoplepc.com wrote:

about any bearing for a situation such as this. You needed the bearing manufacturers part number that is usually stamped onto the bearing itself. Bearings Inc. had locations all around the country, but the one that was near me is gone. I believe they were bought by another company. Do a Google search and see what you can find. The Dealer and parts stores will only have listings for the assembly.

Actually, the auto parts store should have a book with bearing interchanges that list number stamped on the bearing and the part number for the brand that the company carries.
My father owned a automotive engine rebuilding company. It is easy to look them up. And if the company doesn't have one in stock, they can order one for you.
Jeff
Isn't this about a US$30.00 item. Are the bearings likely to be much cheaper?
--
Richard

'94 GT 'vert
Richard wrote:

to be ordered. For example, a 99 Dodge Durango AC compressor pulley. It was umobtanium from the local parts stores and was SO at the dealer for ~$85. Got the bearing from Bearings Inc. for ~$11. The idler and tensioner pulleys are probably ~$20 each and readily available. I personally wouldn't bother replacing the bearings, but...
On Rockauto.com, one can purchase the entire idler assembly for under $10, plus, it is the same part number for the replacement pulley for the tensioner! Thanks again, especially Tom, for your help!