Noisy Serpentine Belt

I have a 2001 Ford Taurus, About 6 months ago the serpentine belt start squealing. si I replaced it. Last week the thermostat stuck closed and the car ran very hot, now the belt is making same noise. My question
is, did the belt get so hot it got soft and is now ruined, or could it be the pulleys are now warped?
Tony
Tony Johnson wrote:

them squeal every time. You can hose it off real good and it will eventually go away.
Ahhh, never even thought of that but you are right, it pushed most of the coolant out when it started making noise. I will take it to a car wash and hose it off!
Thanks
After it's nice and clean, a good squirt of Silicone spray will keep it quiet, too. I know it sounds odd to put lube on a belt but the flat serpentine belts are different. I've been doing it for years.
PoD

The best way I found sofar is using a little steel/copper brush, hold it on the grooved part of the belt while running idle and clean all dirt off
It will make it go away for a longer time then the squirt on stuff
Offcourse be VERY CAREFUL while doing this