noisy valves

My car is having noisy valves at cold start up when it is 95 - 107 degrees outside. I've been hearing the noisy valves and lifters upon startup ever since i've moved to this other part of the country where
it gets so damn hot. The owners manual specificaly states that only 5W20 oil should ever be used.
I'm thinking of either adding LUCAS oil treatment to it next oil change or simply doing nothing and dismissing this as normal for where I now live.
Where I used to live had a year round steady temperature between 60 and 70. Now that I'm in a different region it gets to be 100, as soon as it's winter I'll see some freezing temperatures that allow sleet to form.
The auto has recieved quality servicing for it's whole life.
What should I do?
'02 Taurus DURATEC V6
Wouldn't a 02 still be under warranty? Or did it just run out? Sounds like sticking lifters, Were they ever oil starved?

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 21:39:02 -0400, "James C. Reeves"

At 95-105F I'd be draining the 5W20 and putting in something a bit more substantial. The 5 isn't doing squat for you at that temperature. 10W40 or even 20W50 will NOT hurt the engine at that temperature - but it might cost you 1/2 a mile per gallon.More likely about 1/10. For the winter, you will want the thin stuff.

Try adding a quart of transmission fluid to the engine. It works great at cleaning lifters. Run it for a few hundred miles then change the oil. Tranny fluid is loaded with detergent that will clean well and not hurt the engine
mike

Be aware that the 5W20 recommendation is not an "across the board" recommendation for all fo Fords gasoline engines. I rarely get to work on cars so each time I service something like a Taurus or such, I need to consult my toolbox chart (they told me that something was the first thing to go and I can't remember what it was....).
All things aside, included in your owners manual will be a chart showing what oils can be considered across different ambient temps.... not sure where it's hidden in there, but it is there...
HTH
FWIW, you can PM me your VIN and I can see if there is anything on OASIS about it...

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

If it's just at startup, you could be hearing the timing chains. That's harmless. 5W20 is fine too but 5W30 would be as good.