O2 sensor?

We have a 96 Mystique and has trouble starting then staying running. If I run cleaner through the throttle body it runs great for a day or 2 then back to usual. At times the engine runs up to 1500 then back to
800. I have replaced the upper sensor previously and cured the problem again breifly. Could there be a problem with the throttle position sensor? Thanks for the help in advance. -Chris
Yeah could be..... how much stuff is vaccume controlled on that? I figure '96 not a whole lot...but I don't really know. My 83 grand marquis freaks out when there are vaccume leaks...the last time my power brake booster croaked, it would idle really strange......mostly at really high speeds but still.

You might also want to check your air bypass valve. They are notorious for getting gunked up and sticking which could be why the strange idling it's doing. When my Mustang does what you're talking about I remove the valve and clean it thoroughly with carb cleaner then reinstall it.

Hey that reminds me......someimes my egr valve gets bits (or chunkcs really) of carbon crap stuck in it while it's open.....that does strange stuff to it too.