OBD protocol

I just purchased a 06' Focus back in July and I was curious if the

2006 models were still OBDll or have they already gone to CAN protocol. If so I'am going to buy a newer code scanner or flash update my old one. I asked the service depart. at the Ford dealer and got a blank stare! Had no idea what I was talking about. By the way this is a 2006 Focus with ATX , AIR, no ABS Califoria PZEV.

Thamks in advance!

Reply to
ToolNut
06 will be CAN....

It's still OBD2... but the network communication protocol has changed...

Reply to
Jim Warman