OBD protocol

I just purchased a 06' Focus back in July and I was curious if the 2006 models were still OBDll or have they already gone to CAN protocol. If so I'am going to buy a newer code scanner or flash update
my old one. I asked the service depart. at the Ford dealer and got a blank stare! Had no idea what I was talking about. By the way this is a 2006 Focus with ATX , AIR, no ABS Califoria PZEV.
Thamks in advance!