OBDII Laptop software

Does anyone have or use the OBDII laptop diagnostic software from carcode at the obd-2.com web site? It looks like a good package for the money. The autotap looks good, but its sure pricey. What's anybody
using out there and how do you like it?
BOB
Equus OBD II 3100, and Auto X-Ray EZ-Scan 6000( I get to borrow this sometimes..) For straight code retrival the Equus 3100 is very simple and easy to use. The Auto X-Ray is more involved and can do a lot more stuff.. Very pricey unless you are using it to earn a living.

I have it...the interface is a little primitive but it functions well and has several functions (such as enhanced parameters and KOEO and some ER tests) that many of the other low cost packages don't. The only issue I'd be concerned with is future upgrades...software hasn't been upgraded in four months and the author seems to have vanished (there's always a "closed for vacation" on his website).

I got a reply to a question last month. There were also updates since the last time I checked (which was January) There is no need to issue updates that don't add any functionality.
I think that this system is one of the most cost effective around.
Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org

I am using the AutoTap by B&B. I haven't found any problems with it.

Isolation is not needed as it is the nature of the beast.
Occasionally frames will be received with a bad CRC. This does NOT indicate any type of hardware/connection failure. The interface between RS-232 and SAE J1850 VPW is subject to strict timing constraints. Because the interface is primarily software, sometimes those timing constraints cannot be met. The failure of the software to sometimes meet the timing constraints will be observed as bad CRCs.
There are several applications that run in directly in DOS (as does GM's own development environment) and therefore reduce or eliminate CRC errors and improve timing accuracy. Most of these are free as they have been developed by software developers with a hobby in communications or as educational projects and exercises.
BOB URZ wrote:

I've been using the little orange tool that they use and sell at Autozone (~$180). It's worked great for me, but I don't use mine for real diagnostics. I just clear the codes and see if they come back- if they do, then I know it's a real problem to have a knowledgable person look at. (I use my scan tool as a false-alarm filter)
BTW - Does anyone know how bad it is to get the "catalyst efficiency out of spec" code about every 15k miles?