OEM Stereo Lock Code

I am planning on buying a used OEM stereo for a 2001 Taurus off of EBAY. Some sellers say they provide the VIN from the car it was removed from. Does anyone know how difficult it is to get the theft
lock code from the dealership or how exactly this works?
Thanks, in advance, KESMON
kesmon snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (kesmon) wrote in message

Not sure how Ford is but with BMW it was no problem for me. I had a 97 M3 and removed the radio. Later I sold the car w/ aftermarket radio. Two years later I bought a 91 525i and the radio in it died. I put my M3's radio in but didn't have the code. I took it to the dealer and explained what happened and they looked up the code by serial number of the radio and gave it to me no problem.
It's funny how they make such a big deal w/ the code stuff but I could've stolen that radio and would have been given the code just because I had a BMW.
Well if I had a Toyota then why would I want to mess w/ installing a BMW radio in it.
if you just wanna add CD to a Taurus contact www.Bought4Less.com for a 10 disc changer, about $240 and it all plugs in, take 10 minutes to complete the whole job.