off topic? explorerpaint problem

hey people about a month ago apparantly drove through some wet paint somewhere, now my black explorer has white spec all over it got most of the large spots off still a bit wet,how can i get the spots off without getting
it detailed ,got quote for 200 dollars ,cant afford that,cant haveing it looking like that.any help would be appreciated thanks
Best way is to probably use polishing compound to get it all off, then put a coat of wax on after you're done.
If the finish is still nice, the paint should come off easily with the compound.
I'm sure you know not to use acetone, paint thinner, etc...
Good luck!

the
getting
IanCT wrote:

If you have a clear coat finish, make sure you use a clear coat polishing compound. Take it from someone who knows. Sigh.
Thank you, I meant to put "clear coat safe" in there.
Meguire's Scratch-X is pretty good. I use it on my motorcycle tank to get the swirles out. (or filled)

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 01:43:37 GMT, "rich gordon"

Get yourself some Goof-Off from your local hardware or Home Depot ASAP. The longer your wait, the less chance you have of getting it off.