Oil Filler Cap

Fellow Ford Drivers,

I have another question concerning my 1978 Ford Granada. I have a 250 inline 6. Should the oiler filler cap that goes from the air cleaner to the crankcase have a gasket or rubber washer? Mine doesn't have anything except bare metal. I was wondering if that connection should be gas tight.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
azazel scratch

A fiber washer carefully eased over the "ears" for a snug final fit.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

If it is the oil filler cap, then there is a gasket on the cap under the ears that let you "thread" it tight to the valve cover. Ford dealer sells replacements for a few dollars...

If it is another breather line... Generally the valve cover has a rubber grommet in it and the fit is snug. Ford dealer sells replacements for a few dollars...

Reply to
351CJ