Oil Leak 96 Town Car

I just bought a real clean '96 Signature Series Town Car with 118000 miles from a dealer "as is" with no waranty. I just discovered it is leaking
engine oil from the housing cover where the trans meets the engine. I called the dealer but I don't think they will do anything. I am assuming it's the rear oil seal. I live in west suburbs of Chicago. Does anyone know how big or expensive this job should be? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
I'll bet any dealer can give you the information you seek. I would call one and ask if I were you
mike hunt
Don wrote:

Thanks. The Dodge dealer I bought it from actually called and asked me to bring it in Tuesday so they could check it out. Maybe they will make an accomodation because I reported it an hour after I bought it. It leaked enough on the way home from the dealer that it left a puddle on my garage floor.

Don opined in

If they give you a break on it... and fix it especially... please reward that dealer with your recommnedation and praise.!
Most people bitch and moan when they get stiffed by a dealer but do nothing to positively reinforce GOOD service.
I do.
In Columbus, where repair work was met over and above stipulated, I recommend Keim Ford.. and Graham Ford for parts. Again based on attitude and service.
On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 17:25:58 GMT, Backyard Mechanic

Nonsense. A mechanic or dealer recommended by a friend is the best possible advertising.
--
BT

Bill Turner opined in wrote:

Isnt that what I said? FRom your scrape it looks like I said to do nothing to reward good service.
"Most people bitch and moan when they get stiffed by a dealer but do nothing to positively reinforce GOOD service."
Thanks for reinforcing that...I think.
Or maybe you're too used to reading Kerry's speeches. ;)
On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 19:22:04 GMT, Backyard Mechanic

You said people "...but do nothing to positively reinforce GOOD service." and I disagree. People usually reward good service by giving good word of mouth recommendations, don't they?
And what's a scrape, anyway?
--
BT

Bill Turner opined in wrote:

a partial cut and paste
Sorry if thats not your experience.. I SHOULD have said SOME people, not MOST.
On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 17:58:15 GMT, Backyard Mechanic

Sheesh. Imagine if you had spelling errors.

I will sing their praises to all if they do the right thing. Besides this is the third car we have purchased from them. My son bought a new one and this is the second used car I have bought from them. I will name them here in this group either way!