Oil Leak 96 Town Car

I just bought a real clean '96 Signature Series Town Car with 118000 miles from a dealer "as is" with no waranty. I just discovered it is leaking engine oil from the housing cover where the trans meets the engine. I called the dealer but I don't think they will do anything. I am assuming it's the rear oil seal. I live in west suburbs of Chicago. Does anyone know how big or expensive this job should be? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Reply to
Don

I'll bet any dealer can give you the information you seek. I would call one and ask if I were you

mike hunt

Reply to
MikeHunt

Don opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

If they give you a break on it... and fix it especially... please reward that dealer with your recommnedation and praise.!

Most people bitch and moan when they get stiffed by a dealer but do nothing to positively reinforce GOOD service.

I do.

In Columbus, where repair work was met over and above stipulated, I recommend Keim Ford.. and Graham Ford for parts. Again based on attitude and service.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Nonsense. A mechanic or dealer recommended by a friend is the best possible advertising.

Reply to
Bill Turner

Bill Turner opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Isnt that what I said? FRom your scrape it looks like I said to do nothing to reward good service.

"Most people bitch and moan when they get stiffed by a dealer but do nothing to positively reinforce GOOD service."

Thanks for reinforcing that...I think.

Or maybe you're too used to reading Kerry's speeches. ;)

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

You said people "...but do nothing to positively reinforce GOOD service." and I disagree. People usually reward good service by giving good word of mouth recommendations, don't they?

And what's a scrape, anyway?

Reply to
Bill Turner

I will sing their praises to all if they do the right thing. Besides this is the third car we have purchased from them. My son bought a new one and this is the second used car I have bought from them. I will name them here in this group either way!

Reply to
Don

Bill Turner opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

a partial cut and paste

Sorry if thats not your experience.. I SHOULD have said SOME people, not MOST.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Sheesh. Imagine if you had spelling errors.

Reply to
forked