"old" cloudy headlights

Not too long ago I read about a suggestion to use toothpaste.I was skeptical but decided to try it anyway,since you can't do much damage.Today I rubbed toothpaste with a damp Blue paper shop towel on to the first headlight.I did it for about 10 minutes then rinsed it.It looked much better,so I did it for

5 more minutes.I washed it off with a hose and dried it.I stood back inside my garage and noticed a very big and surprising difference between the "rubbed or compounded" light and the other untreated one.I went ahead and finished the other one. There may be other pumices finer than toothpaste that can be additionally used to really make the lenses as good as new.I now have a 1993 Ford Aerostar with "new"lights.
Reply to
Eno Zamora

Excellent!

Love hearing how you can fix things with minimal money, and a little elbow-grease.

later,

tom @

newsgroups01REMOVEME

opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

From all accounts, the effect doesnt last long.

I use unsanded ceramic tile grout, myself.. which also works well.No it doesnt leave scratches.

But to extend the life of the polish job, most say to find a UV protectant plastic wax.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I used Turtle Wax to good effect on my wife's old Aerostar Years ago. Came out quite well.

Reply to
Full_Name