One less Cobra...

In Ohio, they're registered as "Historic" if they are 25 years old.

When this was enacted... any car that made it 25 years deserved the title.

When my dad got in a minor accident in 53 or so, he brought home a 38 Nash as a loaner.

That was the oldest car i'd ever remembered riding in.. but I was a little kid.

And the fact that the news article said it was a 1966 tells me it was the real thing... they would have got that off the Police Report, which would have been filed from from the registration.

Jim Warman opined in news:io0Jd.48603$06.14731@clgrps12:

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 08:49:03 GMT, Backyard Mechanic wrote something wonderfully witty:

The oldest one I remember riding in was a Mercury with a push-button automatic transmission. Don't remember what the year was though.

My favorite ride that Pops had was a Turbo-Corvair. It was his first ever new car. He used to take that puppy out with me and drive it like a madman. Loved the hell out of that car and those particular times with my Pop.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

There titles out there with the wrong year and kit cars / replicas titled as what they resemble.

Reply to
Brent P

Ralph Nader would have loved your dad........ ;) My freinds dad had a blue two speed automatic. Was a leaker as i recall.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Urz

Ah yes, the Merc-O-Matic Push button transmission. Not that long ago in my book, 1957, 1958 Mercury Monterey, Montclair, Turnpike Cruiser and Colony Park. The 'Old Timers' of that era still leaned toward the 3 on the tree manual transmission and influenced what we drove making today's find of a push button transmission a valuable asset.

Bill

Reply to
berkshire bill

Another case of hi performance car meets low performance driver. Bad mix....... :-(

Reply to
Tiger

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 01:24:54 GMT, "berkshire bill" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Thanks Bill, that kick-started the old core memory. It was a two-tone Turnpike Cruiser sort of an Aquamarine & Cream color. While not the right color, it looked like this

After the engine blew he parked in the side yard and we used to play in it. He eventually sold it to some guy who just stopped by to ask if it was for sale. Pops said how much ya wanna pay, it's got a blown engine. I forget what they agreed on, but the next day the guy showed up with a wrecker and dragged it away.

Reply to
ZombyWoof