Online guide for 97 Tracer?

Specifically, anything that focuses on the air control valve?

My 1997 Mercury Tracer is stalling at low idle, especially in "drive". Usually if I put it in park or neutral it'll idle at around 1000rpm, but drive or reverse it'll drop below that and stall. (Regardless of tenperature outside or of the engine.) So, looking around the Net and this group, I'm pretty sure, being the non-professional that I am, that it's likely the air control valve. But, I have no idea what or where that is.

Being recently laid-off I can't afford to take the car in, or even to buy a Chilton's book, so I'm hoping to find some on-line guide to Mercury Tracers. But Googling all I can find is sites that sale parts or chat boards.

So, anyone have any good Web sites that might have a pretty comprehensive guide to Mercury Tracers including photos? Or, one that focuses on air control valves?

Or, any good tips on how to locate it, and determine if it's functioning correctly or not?

Thanks a lot!!! =) Liam

Reply to
LRW