OT...Mechanics Insurance

How do I insure my tools that are left at my place of employment? I have over 20k of property. If someone breaks in, I would like it covered. My homeowners policy says my personal stuff is covered anywhere, but only if it is used for personal use. If it is used for business/employment, it is not covered.

Any advice appreciated Pat

Reply to
komobu

You need a "tool rider" It may be easier to get it on your boss's policy - but either way it will NOT be cheap. Tool insurance loss ratios are extremely high, so the premiums reflect that.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
clare at snyder dot ontario do