OT: Spectacular Explorer rollover

In Oakland Mich.

Exp in passing lane; driver in slow lane moves over for merging car without looking who was beside him or her.

Exp goes off the left shoulder, cuts back on and catches on skid. Rolls about 8 times. Bad enough that wheels come off.

Exp Driver gets away with broken ribs, minor cuts and bruises.

This is due to:

Stupid practice of automatically moving over for merging car. There was very little traffic!!!!!! the merging car had plenty of room and this is one of my peeves, the merging car is responsible for getting in and that practice makes those who are merging EXPECT to be let in.

Get the F#$$k UP TO SPEED lIMIT WHEN YOU ARE MERGING.

But the Exp driver was also partially at fault...

  1. was 'pacing' the car in the slow lane

  1. When you go off pavement, it's coming back on too quick that causes the rollover!!!!! Some drivers seem to think if they arent on pavement they're 'gonna crash... you only need tires on one side on pavement to easily maintain control!!!! Just ease back on slowly!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

video:

Backyard Mechanic

WOW, those Explorers DO like to roll!!!

Reply to
ShoeSalesman

Saw that on TV last night..... of course we will try to blame the car rather than the drivers...

Reply to
Jim Warman