Outstanding Cars in last 10 Years.

NOT INCLUDING so called LUXURY cars or so called FULLY LOADED. EXCLUDE THESE.

In the last 10 years what are the above average cars used for basic daily transport.

Since 1968 I have owned two vehicles which I have used for daily transport, a 1968 Chevy Nova, 6cyl, manual transmission and presently a 1981 Ford Fairmont,

6cyl, auto transmission.

I believe it could possibly be time to replace my present daily transportation and would like to find out what are the good 4cyl and 6cyl vehicles in the last 10 years.

Thanks in advance Denny B

Reply to
Denny B

Sounds like you might like:

-4 cyl. Camry

-4 cyl. Accord

-3.0L Taurus

-4cyl. Altima

Which were all built in high numbers and can be found reasonably priced, are rather reliable to run, and affordable to maintain & insure.

Rob

* * *
Reply to
Trainfan1

Crown Victoria's seem to be reliable basic transportation in non luxury trim.

Reply to
Steve Stone

Jesus, A 68 Nova & a Fairmount...... Oh Boy, your in for a culture shock at the dealer. Best rides in the last 10 years?????? Well if your tied to Fords I'd say the F150 trucks. I'm a 96 Taurus driver. It's an OK car, but I'm ditching it first chance I get to go back to Z cars or RX7's. Honda Accords are a dime a dozen so I guess they are a good ride. Subaru makes some handy all wheel drives. Volvo's are fairly good quality rides overall as well.

Reply to
Tiger

My favorite car, for sure, Steve. But the OP's history has been with a platform size described as "compact" in the 60's (Nova, Dart, Valiant, Falcon, eg.), mid-size in the 80's (Fairmont/Zephyr, Cutlass/Regal/Malibu/LeMans, LTD (Fox body & variants), K-cars, eg.) and now full-size (Taurus, Camry, Accord, eg.) and with the base engines, I-6's in his case.

Rob

* * *
Reply to
Trainfan1