Overhauling ATX Ford Transmission

I'm thinking about overhauling my transmission but this will be the first for me. Im very mechanically inclined and like new challenges. I do feel a little nervous about this but also feel it can be done. I
bought a good manual from ATSG about overhauling a tranny. I would appreciate any feedaback on this project as well as what specialty tools I may need. Thanks
I know people who have done it. If it's a car that you need all the time, get a transmission from the junkyard and rebuild it in your spare time. If it's a car that you can go without for a while, then you can skip the junkyard step. Get the factory service manual and do some reading there also. You might be able to download it at http://www.fordcds.com You might need some help removing it and recloating it to your basement or wherever you want to rebuild it.