Owners Manual leaves out the AX4N

I have the 2002 Taurus SEL with the DURATEC and the AX4N Transaxle. The owners manual leaves out the AX4N for scheduled regular fluid changes. The manual says to flush the fluid on the AX4S Transaxles every 30,000 miles.

The AX4N that I have happens to have the Mercon V fluid inside of it that is supposed to last the lifetime of the vehicle. Is it possible that the fluid never needs changing? Even if it does have a special fluid in it, what good would it do once the transaxle filter gets clogged from debris and can hardly squeeze any fluid through it?

Reply to
eastwardbound2003

Changing the tranny fluid and filter every 35k miles or so is good insurance against tranny problems. On the first tranny fluid change a complete tranny flush will help to get rid of any metal shavings that have accumulated during the early breakin period.

Eric

Reply to
Eric Toline

hey foctard some ford trannys are filled for life and flushing not needed

BTW flushing is no insurance of against failure in any tranny

hurc ast

Reply to
sanfordm44356

REPORT HIM!!!

I sure did. If enough people report his abuse to his ISP, he will be banned from the net. I reported him to Google, and google takes newsgroup abuse very seriously.

Reply to
eastwardbound2003

Changing the tranny fluid and filter every 35k miles or so is good insurance against tranny problems. On the first tranny fluid change a complete tranny flush will help to get rid of any metal shavings that have accumulated during the early breakin period. Eric

hey foctard some =A0ford trannys are filled for life and flushing not needed

Reply to
Eric Toline

Reply to
sanfordm44356