P0420 in 1996 Ford Contour v6 SE

Page 2 of 2
On Nov 3, 8:12 pm, clare at snyder.on.ca wrote:

Any idea how much labour I should expect to replace the front Cat? in terms of hours so that I know I am not getting ripped off
Thanks Saurabh
On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 00:55:49 -0000, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Not sure what flat rate on the job is, but I wouldn't expect much less than 2 hours. And the vehicle is not new, so bolts could be troublesome. Anything up to $150 or $200 would be believeable - depending on labour rates, but I'd be hoping for closer to $100

On Nov 4, 11:18 pm, clare at snyder.on.ca wrote:

Is it a good idea to replace the downstream O2 sensor as well ?

OK so I replaced the sensor but the light is back so I am going to have to change the cat I have zeroed in on this part http://www.autozone.com/R,APP120494/vehicleId,2141902/initialAction,p ... comments ?
I am going to replace it myself so just wanted to make sure that its the one below the drivers seat , right ?

That page didn't work. Is there only one cat? one side? If so I guess it has to be it. I dont know about that car. Never seen one. Is it a "universal" type? If so do you have welding equipment? You'll need it. I've had lots of cats replaced at a local muffler shop for about $120 (if a universal type) You could try a Midas place but I have found they are way overpriced compaired to the local guy without the "chain name".
On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 16:14:39 -0000, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Your assumtion is wrong. It has THREE converters.