P1131 Code For A 98 Contour 4 Cyl.

While in park, my car will idle normally and then after a few seconds it will idle extremely slow and begin to shudder as if it was going to die on me. It happens worse if I happen to have the AC going. Check engine light was on so I checked the code and got back P1131. What gives? I've done some searching around and have only gotten mixed signals about my o2 sensor or my fuel filter or a vacuum leak. How can I check those and how much would it cost?

Thanks!

Reply to
somabrandmayonaise

Have you tried cleaning the MAF sensor? I'd begin there before I started replacing things.

Reply to
Tim J.

Great. I'll give it a try. Question is: where do I find it and how do I clean it?

Reply to
somabrandmayonaise

Google for "ford contour MAF sensor clean".

Reply to
Tim J.

is the site you need.

Reply to
J john

I.A.C. idle air sensor and a vacuum leak from a vacuum hose that gets a hole in it from melting and rubbing from vibrations of the engine. Vacuum hose is in back of engine bay .

Former..... 1995 pain in the butt contour owner.

J john