P1633 code - KAM keep alive memory voltage too low

Hi alt.autos.ford,
I just purchased an 02 Explorer - the check engine light is on - took it to my local mechanic (closest ford dealer is 50 miles) - his
equipment read a P1633 error code from the computer - his book said KAM ( keep alive memory) voltage too low. Is there a Ford expert on here that can give me a clue as to what is broken? Thank you / Ed
Not an expert but here are two things to think about. Was the battery dead or disconnected for a period of time before you picked it up? Could be just an actual low voltage thing that might re-charge itself. Once in a great while I find a fuse in the wrong slot, probably from people like me that try to fix things by the seat of their pants. Good luck.
Bill