park or driving lights

Howdy
I just got a new 2006 Taurus, and when I start it up, there are driving and or park lights that come on. Is there a way to disable them so they will only come on when the switch is
on??
TIA
snipped-for-privacy@Z6.com says...

Do you have the higher-end model with the automatic climate control and automatic headlights? Those models have an "A" position that is to the left of the regular OFF. If you start the car in a dark area, the lights will turn on. The radio/clock display is usually dimmed when the lights are on.
If they lights stay on, even in sunlight, there is something wrong that needs to be fixed. There is a sensor on top of the dash (mine is a dark bump) that is used as the sensor. Make certain nothing is covering it.
In Canada, DRL's are required and the headlights will turn on, but not the running lights.

Good luck getting the DRL's disconnected on your car... Not going to happen... FYI those are Daytime Running Lights.. Its best just to let them do their thing..
Ford Tech

DRL's should only turn on the headlights, not the running/parking/dash lights.
Delbert wrote:

Those are DRLs (Daytime Running Lamps). if you're in Canada, DRLs are the LAW - since 1990. Here in the USA, they're not mandatory - too many people with guns in their vehicles. See here for how to diasble this bogus "safety" feature: http://www.lightsout.org/disable.html#Ford