Parking brake indicator stays on

1999 Ford Taurus. Parking brake "on" indicator just started to stay on. Parking brake is not on of course. Have tried to reset indicator by putting PB on then releasing, no joy there. Indicator turns off
when regular brakes are applied. Any ideas on a fix or where to look to correct?
thanks, Eric

Check the brake fluid level in reservoir on top of engine.

Brake fluid level was a bit low. Filling it to the mark solved the problem. It was the one item I overlooked. Thanks for the help.
Eric

Now check your brake pads. Unless there is a leak end of service worn pads must be suspect.

Brake pads front & rear were checked and are fine.
Eric

Is it a parking brake indicator or a brake indicator?
Jeff
snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net says...

1: Verify the parking brake is FULLY released. Pull on it to make certain it is all the way up.
2: Check the brake fluid level. On some cars, a low level will trigger the Brake light. Low fluid could also mean your disc brake pads are nearly worn out and due for a change.
Andrew Rossmann wrote:

Like we care. You don't need to be so formal.